Fashions fade, style is eternal

Monday 24 July 2017

Work Wear with Personality


I got my first job when I was 17 going on 18 and I was beyond awkward to start because I had never functioned in a professional environment. It was my first office job as an editor and camera operator for a small video production company in London.

I think we all know the initial struggle to finding your first job. In the beginning you apply for just about anything from customer service, retail, dog walker and almost every last one of them knock your hustle for a little independence, and THEN proceed to remind you of your lack of  “experience”. When I clearly stated in the application that I’m highly motivated and keen to learn. The last time I checked experience don’t grow on trees!

Eventually when I did secure the job I was immensely overjoyed. However I was far from fashionable for the entire year I worked there. I would wear the same a-line dress (similar shape to skater dresses) from New look, which stopped above the knee that either had a ribbon sash or odd pattern that would overpower the dress like some disease. My reasoning behind it was because I was highly insecure in my body and desperately wanted to hide my huge thighs in dark clothing and tights.

Now, regardless the day of the week I rock my shape boldly and dress to my size with no limitations to styles or trends! Discovering my sense of style took some questionable turns but it first started with accepting my body and having fun and experimenting with my work wear.

So my advice for dressing for work is that it doesn't have to be boring nor overly extravagant. Don’t be afraid to inject your individual style and glowing personality to match. This may even help brighten your mood before a hectic day at the office!

Whenever I made a little effort my colleagues would noticeably be intrigued and offer complements. Who doesn’t love compliments?? It’s flattering and can also be a great way to start a conversation by expressing other fascinating things about yourself. I believe thats important to building a relationship with your co-workers, as it can reflect positively in other areas of the job simply from presenting a confident appearance. 

To all my hard working ladies and gents, tuck into todays preppy look featuring metallic brogues from JustFab that will certainly get the office talking! :)


















🌸SHOP THE LOOK🌸

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🌺THE GANG ðŸŒº
Photography / @_.haelee.y_



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig